Ok, so I'm FINALLY posting up photos and hopefully people like them. The project has totally changed. I'm just going to be using this to post up seven random photos of the week. In general, I'll be posting photos I at least took during the week but for this week, I'm posting stuff just from within the year. It'll keep me in practice. I'd expect a good deal of stuff with kids over the next three weeks, since I'm working at an art camp for middle schoolers so I'll probably photo them a bit. We'll see what I do. Anyway, enjoy!

So the first piece is a group of kids at my old middle and elementary school singing in the mandir. Um, I was sitting in the back of the room with the teacher and Jen and I snapped this. I kind of like the light stuff, though it's one of those things I'd really like another shot of. But not a bad shot in general, it's something I'm going to have to try again. Those windows just make such a pretty background.

Outside the brother's school, this took like twenty shots to get. I just stood outside the car while the au-pair lady helped me figure out how to get a good shot. The sky was just too pretty to miss! I really like this, it might be really nice if I put it in black and white and kicked up the contrast. Hmmm, I'll have to play with it in iphoto.

This is from Notre Dame's Spring Showcase. I photograph all their showcases and they've been a GREAT source for portfolio pieces. I totally owe a HUGE thanks to Ms. Lorenz for letting me hang out during the rehersals to photograph them. Also, she's been awesome about letting me sit in on just regular classes. Thanks! Anyway, this was like a very eighties music piece and it was dark and I was having a hell of a time getting a shot, since I'm not supposed to be using flash. I somehow managed to get this. I'm in love with it, such a lucky catch, and really nice colors. Gah, I'll shut up now.

And this is Mia, a very nice girl I went to high school with. She's also a graduate (how cool is that, we're graduates of high school!) and she's one of those people that I'm hoping I'll see again. Anyway, I was desperate for photos when I took this, I was finishing up my book and I needed some photos to finish out the whole thing. She was looking at something or painting and I turned around and snapped this. I think the light worked out here really well. There's a skylight above her head and then there's a white table where she is looking so the right amount of light just magically got bounced up in her face. I'm also digging the background with the paintings and easels. Also, the white spirals behind her head are great, it looks magic!

And this is from the graduation party. Aside from the big black clump in the corner, I like this. Chrissy was running around (chasing birds maybe? I don't remember) and I snapped this. I feel like this speaks a lot to Chrissy's personality in a lot of ways. People who know her better then I do, let me know what you think. Um, I'm digging the line of bonfire pits and I'm really liking the one sort of piece of our bonfire pit being that sharp and stuff. Not a lot else to say with this one, just that I love the grey and black together and the relative androgyny of Chrissy. Good shot though, I love days like that, they make for very cool photos

Another dancer, this is just in one of the usual classes, no shows here. I took off my photography class and sat in the class and photographed the kids. This was the one really great photo I got. I love the pensiveness, the sort of hesitation all around her. Seriously, it's very cool. Not a lot else to say but yes, not a bad one. Not a very accurate portrayal of her personality though, but oh well, who cares! Hehe, well, that's all for that one

I LOVE this portrait of Sam. I absolutely love it. Also on the same day as the photo of Chrissy. The wind just blew Sam's hair the right way and the purple, the way her eyes look, and the white background gives it a sort of otherworldly feel. The only problem is the rainbow blanket to the side. It kind of draws the eye away and adds nothing. Ah well, other then that, this is brilliant!

BONUS PHOTO! Only I didn't take this one, Sam did. Pretty good, right?
Anyway, that's all for this week, hopefully I'll be on time next week. I'll have to do a self portrait so everyone can see my pretty new blue hair! See you all next week! Comments are loved, constructive criticism is brilliant.
quote of the day
“Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.”- Aaron Siskind
So the first piece is a group of kids at my old middle and elementary school singing in the mandir. Um, I was sitting in the back of the room with the teacher and Jen and I snapped this. I kind of like the light stuff, though it's one of those things I'd really like another shot of. But not a bad shot in general, it's something I'm going to have to try again. Those windows just make such a pretty background.
Outside the brother's school, this took like twenty shots to get. I just stood outside the car while the au-pair lady helped me figure out how to get a good shot. The sky was just too pretty to miss! I really like this, it might be really nice if I put it in black and white and kicked up the contrast. Hmmm, I'll have to play with it in iphoto.
This is from Notre Dame's Spring Showcase. I photograph all their showcases and they've been a GREAT source for portfolio pieces. I totally owe a HUGE thanks to Ms. Lorenz for letting me hang out during the rehersals to photograph them. Also, she's been awesome about letting me sit in on just regular classes. Thanks! Anyway, this was like a very eighties music piece and it was dark and I was having a hell of a time getting a shot, since I'm not supposed to be using flash. I somehow managed to get this. I'm in love with it, such a lucky catch, and really nice colors. Gah, I'll shut up now.
And this is Mia, a very nice girl I went to high school with. She's also a graduate (how cool is that, we're graduates of high school!) and she's one of those people that I'm hoping I'll see again. Anyway, I was desperate for photos when I took this, I was finishing up my book and I needed some photos to finish out the whole thing. She was looking at something or painting and I turned around and snapped this. I think the light worked out here really well. There's a skylight above her head and then there's a white table where she is looking so the right amount of light just magically got bounced up in her face. I'm also digging the background with the paintings and easels. Also, the white spirals behind her head are great, it looks magic!
And this is from the graduation party. Aside from the big black clump in the corner, I like this. Chrissy was running around (chasing birds maybe? I don't remember) and I snapped this. I feel like this speaks a lot to Chrissy's personality in a lot of ways. People who know her better then I do, let me know what you think. Um, I'm digging the line of bonfire pits and I'm really liking the one sort of piece of our bonfire pit being that sharp and stuff. Not a lot else to say with this one, just that I love the grey and black together and the relative androgyny of Chrissy. Good shot though, I love days like that, they make for very cool photos
Another dancer, this is just in one of the usual classes, no shows here. I took off my photography class and sat in the class and photographed the kids. This was the one really great photo I got. I love the pensiveness, the sort of hesitation all around her. Seriously, it's very cool. Not a lot else to say but yes, not a bad one. Not a very accurate portrayal of her personality though, but oh well, who cares! Hehe, well, that's all for that one
I LOVE this portrait of Sam. I absolutely love it. Also on the same day as the photo of Chrissy. The wind just blew Sam's hair the right way and the purple, the way her eyes look, and the white background gives it a sort of otherworldly feel. The only problem is the rainbow blanket to the side. It kind of draws the eye away and adds nothing. Ah well, other then that, this is brilliant!
BONUS PHOTO! Only I didn't take this one, Sam did. Pretty good, right?
Anyway, that's all for this week, hopefully I'll be on time next week. I'll have to do a self portrait so everyone can see my pretty new blue hair! See you all next week! Comments are loved, constructive criticism is brilliant.
quote of the day
“Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.”- Aaron Siskind
2 comments:
Lovelovelovelove it!!
wow. Definitely beyond
your average photo blog
My fave is either the portrait
of Sam or the church window
= ]
the portrait of Sam
takes me back to Coney Island
(even tho i've never been there)
i also really dig the arched building with the clouds and how it's curvy lines and strait lines meet up in the clouds somewherez....
who's the dude that painted dancers?
Degas? your pix bring his art to mind.
the subject yeah but the pensive and the soft colors more....
Post a Comment